After you have successfully branded your company, what comes next? It is critical that you protect your branding efforts because the reputation of your business depends on it! Your brand image can easily be ruined if you are not careful to protect the success of your branding strategy. Here are some tips that will help you take care of the brand you worked so hard to build:
Don’t Take Your Brand for Granted – Simply because your brand image is credible and recognizable doesn’t mean you can stop investing time and effort into it. It is important for business managers to continually maintain and refresh their brand if they want to stay ahead of competitors and reach their target market. Small adjustments here and there can make a big difference when it comes to branding. Keep a close eye on competitors to see if you need to step up your branding game in a certain area.
- Stay Consistent with Your Brand Image – It is critical to maintain consistency in the quality of service/products you provide, how you communicate with customers, and other areas after you have built up a successful brand. Minor changes to your branding that are obviously improvements that will benefit customers are fine, but don’t become so inconsistent with your branding that customers think your business is undistinguishable or unreliable.
- Speak Thoughtfully – Think about the message you want your business to convey before you speak, make a press release, write something for your website, or otherwise make a statement. Words can easily kill a brand’s credibility and can hurt your business. Make sure your words match the mission and objective of your brand in order to ensure that your brand remains successful.
- Good Behavior – Every employee of a company represents the character of that business and can help or damage your branding. It’s important for every employee to behave and represent the company well. Otherwise your business could suffer a drop in sales due to bad behavior that turns customers off.
- Practice Good Customer Service – Customers should always have a way to reach you if they have an issue with your service or product. Quick responses are necessary to ensure that customers will value your service and commitment to them. Simply not responding to a customer’s question or complaint means that you don’t respect them. That customer will definitely let others know about the lack of good customer service and your brand will suffer.
- Maintain Online Image – A lot of us have a little too much fun from time to time, but that certainly doesn’t mean that incriminating photos have to be plastered all over your social media sites. If you are the face of the business or are a recognizable employee, then you must maintain your online image. Don’t put your branding at risk because customers can see that you might not always exhibit the best behavior.
- No Lies – One of the most important tips to follow after you have successfully branded your company is to not lie to your audience. Once you lose a customer’s trust it is almost impossible to regain it. Lying to customers for any reason is unacceptable and if you do, those customers will let potential customers know about your dishonesty and you’ll lose out on a lot of new business. Make sure your branding and what you say in general about your business is authentic and represents who you are as a business in a genuine way. It’s always easier to maintain the success of your branding and your customers by being honest.
Implementing these tips will allow your brand to thrive and continually be effective in the marketplace.
As a full service marketing agency, The Belford Group creates branding, websites, marketing, social media and search engine optimization solutions to assist our clients in finding and reaching their ideal audience.
Call us or email us. We’d love to hear from you.