Every year, new trends develop in the field of digital marketing. Traditionally, businesses and organizations would use only one or two marketing channels, but the days of relying solely on websites are gone!
Knowing your audience has always been a prevailing marketing fundamental. Today your digital marketing has to communicate with your customers through various platforms to promote your brand and your products. As more data is gathered about consumers and consumer trends, it allows you to fine-tune your marketing strategy.
Multi-channel marketing allows you to target your best customers where they already are. You want them to know who you are at a glance. So it is paramount that you use a clear, cohesive, and purposeful message or concept across all channels. This is where your business or product branding becomes very important.
Let’s talk about reaching the Gen Z crowd, for example. Are they the demographic primarily buying your products? It might surprise you, but this group accounts for approximately 40 percent of consumer markets and have nearly $143 billion in spending power.
- Add TikTok as one of your marketing channels. Roughly 43% of TikTok’s global audience is between 18 and 24 years old. 32% of TikTok users are aged between 25 and 34. In 2021 62% of Tiktok users were under 29, now it’s only 47% are under 29, in 2022, 42% of users are 30-54. The days of TikTok being for kids are ending.
- If Gen Z (or Zoomers) customers have used your services or made a past purchase, add an email marketing campaign to your multi-channel marketing. According to research, 53% of Gen Zers who were asked said they enjoy getting emails from their favorite brands once a week. For millennial respondents, the number was 66%.
- Gen Z values their privacy and gravitates toward apps where they can create private and anonymous content. Therefore, social media marketing teams should utilize direct channels like Snapchat and Facebook Messenger to connect one-on-one with Gen Z customers.
- Whether you’re designing websites, social media posts, videos, or other marketing collateral, a defining characteristic of Gen Z is that they crave stability and comfort. But they also value innovation and uniqueness—they push boundaries while looking for the familiar. What this means for designers is that a strong and cohesive visual identity is called for.
Using a multi-channel marketing strategy to communicate with your business’s clientele has the potential to boost your customer engagement, improve your customer loyalty, and increase your overall sales, resulting in a far more successful marketing initiative.
But remember, design is a powerful marketing tool. Always start by establishing a brand style. A brand style ensures that all design elements throughout your multi-channel marketing content are consistent. Consistency spells reliability but doesn’t have to mean boring. Don’t be afraid to be clever or unique.
If your company follows marketing best practices, you’re probably already doing your user/buyer demographic research. You know who buys your products and who uses your services.
However, if before reading this article you had no idea how to reach the Gen Z audience or how to reach your particular customer demographic, it’s time to employ a professional.
- Business Branding
- Website Development
- Social Media Services
- Multi-channel Digital Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Graphic Design
Call the best. Call The Belford Group today. 479.443.9945 or contact us online to get started.