Importance of a Marketing Plan
Knowing where your business is headed is a big part of figuring out how to make it a success. While every company should have a business plan, it is a good idea to make sure your business plan includes a separate section on marketing. A comprehensive marketing plan should be the focal point of all businesses because it describes how you plan to attract and retain customers, the most crucial aspect of a business.
- A marketing plan keeps your marketing efforts proactive
- A sound plan makes it easy to evaluate new opportunities
- A plan gets your whole organization on the same page
- A marketing plan facilitates measurement
Development requires four specific tasks:
- Developing a very clear and focused insight into why a potential customer would use your business.
- Identifying your target customers.
- Identifying the competitors that would also want your target customers, and/or from which competitors you will take customers to build your business success.
- Writing down your brand-positioning statement for your target customers.
Plan to review your marketing plan at least once a year to ensure all of your objectives, target demographics, market research, and marketing activities still fit your company. If your business changes frequently, set more frequent review intervals, such as once a month or every quarter. Be sure to meet with the key employees who utilize the marketing plan to review its accuracy and suggest revisions.
As a full-service marketing agency, The Belford Group creates branding, websites, marketing, social media, and search engine optimization solutions to assist our clients in finding and reaching their ideal audience.
Call us or email us. We’d love to hear from you.